MountainGoat Yoga is opened again!
With the newest government announcements about yoga studios, I’m glad to say that we have been back in business since Saturday November 7.
With having to adhere to some new rules, you may notice that the markers for the mats in the studio have changed from 2 to 3 meters. This will not affect the maximum allowance.
Before we were obligated to close a month ago, we were only halfway through our 8-week session, which will make the new end date Sunday, December 6.
All class cards have been adjusted accordingly. Please note that because the closures included Thanksgiving weekend, any students that were originally affected by our holiday closures on the Sunday afternoon and Thanksgiving Monday will now have that extra class deducted from their card.
NEXT SESSION (December 7 to January 31)
Registration for our next session started on Monday November 16.
No cancellations or changes will be accepted after November 30.
Classes for this session will start on Monday December 7 and end on Sunday January 31. You can view the next session schedule here.
We will be closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday December 25, 26, 27, as well as January 1, 2 and 3. We will also close at noon on December 24 and December 31.
Classes will resume on Monday January 4. Anyone attending weekend classes will only be attending 6 classes during that session.
VIDEO Ottawa Public Health COVID Wise Together – MountainGoat Yoga
We’ve been working hard to make sure you have a safe environment to practice yoga.
- You must be pre-registered in order to attend our classes.
- No cancellations accepted after November 30
- No drop-ins and no back-to-back classes at this point
- Hand sanitization and proper use of a mask is required within the studio.
- Proper mat placements and social distancing will be adhered to based on Ottawa Public Health’s recommendations.
Please follow our Safety Protocols below.
DO NOT ENTER THE STUDIO IF…
Please stay home if you feel unwell, if you have or think you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or have come in contact with anyone who has been tested positive for COVID-19 or might have symptoms related to COVID-19. Please continue to follow the Ottawa Public Health guidelines.
As the province opens up and closes down the city during COVID-19, these continue to be difficult and uncertain times for everyone within our community. Our team at MountainGoat Yoga has worked tirelessly to prepare to welcome our students back to a safe, healthy and peaceful environment and we are encouraging mutual respect and consideration to all our students who attend our studio.
To best serve our community, we have offered classes using an 8-week, pre-registration process. This requirement to pre-register for classes is to help with contact tracing, to ensure our classes have a safe number of students and that everyone has an opportunity to access our most popular classes. At this time, we are unable to substitute your classes, therefore once you’ve registered for your 8-week class, 8 classes will be deducted from your class card, regardless if you attend or not.
We trust that this process will ease everyone back into their yoga practice with the feeling of safety, respect and harmony.
Entering and Exiting the Studio
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your class. Ensure you are wearing a mask or appropriate face covering and ensure it meets the Ottawa Public Health guidelines.
- Please wait outside the studio to make space for anyone still exiting the studio.
- Please follow the social distancing markers on the sidewalk.
- You must sanitize your hands as soon as you enter the studio
- When you enter the yoga room, you may place your yoga mat on any of the available marked areas.
- As necessary, please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer to keep hands clean. There are several hand sanitizer units throughout the studio. Help yourself.
- Once your class has ended, please exit the studio promptly to avoid congregating in the lobby.
Wearing a Mask or Appropriate Face Covering
- You must wear a mask or appropriate face covering before entering the studio ensuring that it meets the Ottawa Public Health guidelines.
- The mask or face covering must fit snugly over your nose & mouth without gaping or sliding. If you constantly feel the need to pull your mask or face covering back into place, you will need to consider purchasing a better fitting one to keep you and your fellow yogi’s safe.
- The mask or face covering can only be removed once you are seated on your mat.
- Please consider keeping your mask or face covering on for extra precaution especially if you are immune compromised.
The Use of Studio Props
- Please refrain from using the props unless absolutely necessary.
- If props are used, please drape your own towel over the props. Please place any used props in the bins provided so that they can be disinfected immediately after the class.
- Please use the disinfecting wipes provided to disinfect any area that you have touched while in the studio. There is one package in each bathroom and one on the desk in the lobby.
Please stay home if you feel unwell, if you have or think you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or have come in contact with anyone who has been tested positive for COVID-19 or might have symptoms related to COVID-19.
A reminder of changes to how we offer the classes:
- In order to manage the number of students per class, drop-ins will not be accepted.
- We will offer the classes in 8-week increments. All students must register for the classes they are interested in attending and will be registered for the same class each week for 8 weeks (similar to how the City of Ottawa runs their programs). For example: should you choose the Monday morning Hot Power Yoga class at 9:00 am, you are committing to each class from the beginning of the session for 8 weeks and therefore 8 classes will be deducted from your class card. You may choose as many classes during the week as you’d like. Register early, because it is first come, first served.
- Should students require a new class card for the 8-week commitment, a class card will be available for purchase. At this time, only the 8, 10, 20, 30 and 45 class cards will be available for purchase. Any questions about your existing class cards, please contact the studio.
- There are no longer any back-to-back classes.
We want to thank you for being a part of the MountainGoat Yoga Family. Stay safe. Stay healthy. We look forward to welcoming you back.
May you be well and protected.
May the earth be abundant for those who know the land as sacred.
May the leaders of this land make wise decisions.
May all beings, without exception, know ease.
Peace, peace, peace.