MountainGoat Yoga is currently closed
Most of you have already heard about the recent announcement from the Ontario Government, about the changes targeting gyms and restaurants. Yoga falls under the umbrella of “gyms”.
Effective October 10, all classes and workshops will be cancelled for 28 days.
This will be temporary. We know so much more going into this for a second time. We can do this. This impacts everyone and we need to work together to get this under control. We need each other more than ever. This was very evident these past two months as I witnessed so many beautiful moments in our yoga space as we came together. We need connection, we need community. And we also need to take care of each other.
Stay home. Stay safe.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
VIDEO Ottawa Public Health COVID Wise Together – MountainGoat Yoga
We’ve been working hard to make sure you have a safe environment to practice yoga.
- You must be pre-registered in order to attend our classes.
- No cancellations accepted after September 11
- No drop-ins at this point.
- Hand sanitization and proper use of a mask is required within the studio.
- As of October 3, only 9 students and 1 teacher in the studio at one time
Please follow our Safety Protocols below.
DO NOT ENTER THE STUDIO IF…
Please stay home if you feel unwell, if you have or think you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or have come in contact with anyone who has been tested positive for COVID-19 or might have symptoms related to COVID-19. Please continue to follow the Ottawa Public Health guidelines.
Our first session was a success, thanks to all of you, who have followed all of our safety protocols the last 8 weeks.
Our second session begins on Monday September 14 and runs until Sunday November 8.
As the province opens up the city during COVID-19, these continue to be difficult and uncertain times for everyone within our community. Our team at MountainGoat Yoga has worked tirelessly to prepare to welcome our students back to a safe, healthy and peaceful environment and we are encouraging mutual respect and consideration to all our students who attend our studio.
To best serve our community, we have offered classes using an 8-week, pre-registration process. This requirement to pre-register for classes is to help with contact tracing, to ensure our classes have a safe number of students and that everyone has an opportunity to access our most popular classes. At this time, we are unable to substitute your classes, therefore once you’ve registered for your 8-week class, 8 classes will be deducted from your class card, regardless if you attend or not.
We trust that this process will ease everyone back into their yoga practice with the feeling of safety, respect and harmony.
Entering and Exiting the Studio
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your class. Ensure you are wearing a mask or appropriate face covering and ensure it meets the Ottawa Public Health guidelines.
- Please wait outside the studio to make space for anyone still exiting the studio.
- Please follow the social distancing markers on the sidewalk.
- You must sanitize your hands as soon as you enter the studio
- When you enter the yoga room, you may place your yoga mat on any of the available marked areas.
- As necessary, please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer to keep hands clean. There are 3 units in the yoga room and 2 in the lobby.
- Once your class has ended, please exit the studio promptly to avoid congregating in the lobby.
Wearing a Mask or Appropriate Face Covering
- You must wear a mask or appropriate face covering before entering the studio ensuring that it meets the Ottawa Public Health guidelines.
- The mask or face covering must fit snugly over your nose & mouth without gaping or sliding. If you constantly feel the need to pull your mask or face covering back into place, you will need to consider purchasing a better fitting one to keep you and your fellow yogi’s safe.
- The mask or face covering can only be removed once you are seated on your mat.
- Please consider keeping your mask or face covering on for extra precaution especially if you are immune compromised.
The Use of Studio Props
- Please refrain from using the props unless absolutely necessary.
- If props are used, please drape your own towel over the props. Please place any used props in the bins provided so that they can be disinfected immediately after the class.
- Please use the disinfecting wipes provided to disinfect any area that you have touched while in the studio. There is one package in each bathroom and one on the desk in the lobby.
Please stay home if you feel unwell, if you have or think you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or have come in contact with anyone who has been tested positive for COVID-19 or might have symptoms related to COVID-19.
Changes to how we offer the classes:
- In order to manage the number of students per class, drop-ins will not be accepted.
- We will offer the classes in 8-week increments. All students must register for the classes they are interested in attending and will be registered for the same class each week for 8 weeks (similar to how the City of Ottawa runs their programs). For example: should you choose the Monday morning Hot Power Yoga class at 9:00 am, you are committing to each class from the beginning of the session for 8 weeks and therefore 8 classes will be deducted from your class card. You may choose as many classes during the week as you’d like. Register early, because it is first come, first served.
- Should students require a new class card for the 8-week commitment, a class card will be available for purchase. At this time, only the 10, 20, 30 and 45 class cards will be available for purchase. Any questions about your existing class cards, please contact the studio.
- There are no longer any back-to-back classes.
We want to thank you for being a part of the MountainGoat Yoga Family. Stay safe. Stay healthy. We look forward to welcoming you back.
May you be well and protected.
May the earth be abundant for those who know the land as sacred.
May the leaders of this land make wise decisions.
May all beings, without exception, know ease.
Peace, peace, peace.